So part of my new role at work is to try and improve the User Experience on one of the companies many (internal) sites.

The site in question has recently had a refresh and my initial involvement was to help port content from the previous design into the latest.

During this I made some observations about things I’d noticed and they seem to have been well received. 

I took the opportunity to contact the UX designers in Glasgow and then arranged some actual UX testing.

This comprised of 5 relatively simple tasks for users to carry out with an opportunity for more open feedback at the end.

With some initial technology glitches overcome, it was down to business.  A satisfying amount of insight was gained, reinforcing some elements of the initial findings, but throwing up the expected unexpected.

Writing up the notes and solution mock up now needed, but looking forward to presenting the findings to a receptive audience.